I revamped my Sumia armor a few weeks back so here are the changes I made!
The top photo is all the changes once they were complete. I actually resanded, reprimed, and repainted EVERYTHING. The new paint color as it is now is a base of rose chrome with an overcoat of a color called champagne. (I weathered it after I took this shot)
In the second picture, it shows that I also refitted the neckpiece and the breastplate so that it’s all one piece as opposed to being two separate ones.
The third picture is the arm plates after I resanded them to show how smooth I was able to get them. They are MUCH smoother this time around!
The bottom left picture shows what I did on the back of all the armor pieces. Each one was backed with felt to make them more comfortable against my skin. It also makes the process of using velcro much easier since EVERYTHING is able to stick the velcro then.
And finally, the bottom right shows the new back plate which is essentially accurate, with a few MINOR changes to make it more practical.
My point of posting this: Just remember that if you are unhappy with a costume the first time, you can always go back and fix things to your liking! I wasn’t really satisfied or that proud the first time I wore Sumia, but I’m liking the costume more and more. And I’m still hoping to make a few changes to make it the best it can be!